Friday, June 24, 2011

Life is good

Some times I am so focused on what I am lacking, that I totally miss all of the great things in life.  Perhaps God allows difficult things to happen in our lives, when we have lost sight of what truly is important.  I am so grateful for my wife, her tender yet tough love for me has literally saved my life and helped me to find it, again.

The other night as all of my children were sitting on the couch talking and laughing, I found myself remembering the times when they were young and the all of the wonderful times since, when we were together.  I have such profound gratitude for each one of our children as they have impacted my life for good, even when I did not recognize it at the time.  My life is better because of my wife, Amy and my children; Starlee, Skyler, Aspen and Brighton.  Together, we have laughed and played.  My plans have not panned out every time, but hope in a bright future is now the hope that I now have in my children and what they bring.

Thank you, God.  I am for ever in your debt for how you have touched my life with each of theirs.

1 comment: