Saturday, June 25, 2011

working, playing and being together

Today I received a brief glimpse into eternity, while working with my boys in the back yard.  Working together, we accomplished more than I would have ever done by myself and each of us gained greater appreciation for the other.  In 100 years from today my yard may look infinitely better, or may not exist in anyway similar fashion to its current form, but the world may be a different place because my sons and daughters knew that I loved them and being with them. 

I look at so many of those fighting for political power who have lost their way, who have forgotten or never knew the importance of life, and why we are here on the earth.  I have hear intelligent people state that we have to keep our lives right now in perspective with the big picture or the eternities.  Our business, the weeds in the front yard, lunch, current issues at church/school or work are only put here for the passing of time and for our increased understanding of the principle, of cause and effect.  It is our strict obedience to true principles that we find happiness and joy, it is so simple, but hard to figure out. 

Being together with my children and wife are the happiest times in my life, and yet I constantly struggle to structure my life so that these moments are ever increasing opportunities within my life.  It does not matter if we are playing at the park, working in the yard, swimming in the pool or worshiping together in church, it is doing it together that brings joy.

2 comments: